I figure the next eight months of my life will produce some interesting stories that deserve sharing
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Notes on being alone (taken straight from my trail journal)
I am excited to do little things. Life has much more excitement. I am excited when me feet get dirty because I have the time to wash them thoroughly. I have disproven that a watch pot never boils three times tonight. I think that it is impossible to get peeved when I alone because I can take the time to fix whatever annoys me. Right now there are 12 mosquitoes in my tent. I have the time to count them. I have also started pretending that my arms are frog tongues and I have been catching and releasing them. Something that is usually a nuisance has become a fun game. My work usually overworks my body, but it gives me the opportunity to unwind my mind from all the so-called time saving devices. The one thing that I am actually really thankful for is my radio. People chatter on it all day and I can trace the locations of all my friends from the compound as well as Dan and Sarah. I imagine what they are doing as I know they sometimes imagine what I am doing. It feels like I have some friends with me and I am not totally cut off from the front country. I am living the border life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment