I have a lot of random obsessions in my life: sesame sticks, tea, long handled spoons, Molskines, pomegranates, Reeds Ginger Brew, and DOGS. I love dogs. I am obsessed with the two I have at home, Fred and Butler, and fall in love with any other dogs that shows the slightest bit of affection and doesn’t smell terrible. However recently this obsession has been put on the backburner because a fellow colleague has ruined the best part of dogs for me—their undying love and affection. We have engineered them to be our little minions and it is true. We have bred them to be machines and always want to please their masters. I feel like Hermione in the Harry Potter series that is always trying to free the house elves. I met a dog the other week who was obsessed with a stick. I would throw it for her, but then I started to realize how stressful his was for me. If the dog didn’t find the stick I couldn’t handle the anxiety she felt when she was looking for it. The only reason she was looking for it was because she wanted to bring it back to me to be praised when really I don’t care if she finds the stick or not. Anyway, I have decided to take a hiatus from my dog obsession for a while. I might watch the movie UP and definitely pet a dog here and there, but cuddling and playing will cease until further notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment