Thursday, September 16, 2010

Entirely overwhelmed


I am with Gita now in Tacoma and I am entirely overwhelmed by the proximity of grocery stores and the accessibility of modern entertainment. Last night we watched Deal or No Deal. This was the first time that I had watched TV all summer. That show is ridiculous. Watching it felt like getting slapped across the face with unnecessary enthusiasm. We also went the MET which is a smaller version of Whole Foods. I didn’t know what to do. There were fresh vegetables, dips, spreads, cheese galore, and more ginger brew than I could possibly drink. They also had a homeware section that I definitely checked out. The internet is really fast here and naturally in the air. I don’t have to turn on a black box. I can open up my computer and Wikipedia Buckwheat Caterpillar (someone running for senate in Washington) if I want to. I don’t know how I feel about all of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment