I am living with three other people: Sarah, Bonnie, and Erin in a two bedroom, two-bathroom apartment. I came in last and thus was pretty much assigned a bed. But hey, karma once again came through. My roommate is Bonnie, a fifty-some year old native Oregonian. It just so happens that my days off are the opposite of her days off so we will never actually share the room, which is pretty nifty. She also works in maintenance so she steals us a lot of toilet paper. Bonnie takes this job every summer so that her family can have health insurance for at least 6 months out of the year. Her husband (who she met during buying bark??) stays at home foraging for mushrooms. In the winter they run a wreath making business and sell pinecones. All in all an interesting person.
The other two roommates are younger. Sarah is my coworker. She goes to UC Santa Cruz and reestablishes the stereotype that I have of UC Santa Cruz students. She aspires to live as simply as possible (which I admire) and points out all the places a human could possibly live often accompanied by “wow, I am surprised that no one live there now.” This includes old water mains on the side of the road, and rotten out tree stumps. She likes to dumpster dive, forage for mushrooms, and make her own hand salve. All in all I think together we will never get bored.
Erin is from Philadelphia, which is awesome because he has a flyers glass and I smile every time I see it. I would have to say, out of the four of us, she is the most normal. Then again, that isn’t that hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment