Friday, June 25, 2010

Shooting a gun and summer goals

Yep, I fulfilled my first summer goal. I got to shoot a gun and I loved it. When I let my supervisor know that I had never really shot a gun, he was appalled that I never took the constitution up on the second amendment. He took Sarah and me into the backwoods with his shotgun and we threw clay pigeons and shot them. Sarah went first and missed the pigeon by a good 12 feet. When it was my turn to go I asked if they could make a human shaped, non-moving target instead. We settled for a beer can and a bottle of robutussin. I missed both times but looked like a badass doing it. I hope we get to do this again.
Yeah, I like my 2nd amendment, but I have definitely found that around here people emphasize the fact it is the 2nd amendment and not some random one down the line. Weren’t they just inserted chronologically? Therefore it might have been important back then but not so much now so who really cares that it is 2nd in line. I personally enjoy the 19th and the 26th amendment a lot more than the 2nd amendment and they aren't at the head of the class. They didn’t even make the top ten. My summer goal is to reorder the amendments.

No comments:

Post a Comment